Summary of Qualifications
- Experience covering local community events including government and school board meetings, zoning and planning boards.
- Thorough understanding in writing news, features and editorials.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, and Microsoft Office.
- Extensive experience in AP Style and editing.
- Proficiency in use of desktop publishing and modern design principles.
- Interview and research skills.
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism expected May 2018
Minor: Political Science
Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
GPA 3.43, Dean’s List
Sigma Alpha Lambda National Honors and Leadership Society
Rowan Radio WGLS-FM, The Whit
New England Center for Investigative Reporting at Boston University
Investigative reporting, research and analytic skills
University College London Summer 2016
History and Political Science
MEDLIFE Spring 2015
Volunteer clinic assistant, home and water system builder
Related Work Experience
News Editor & Reporter, The Whit
Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ
Delegated stories and potential leads. Edited articles for AP Style, length and clarity. Wrote news, features and art and entertainment stories consistently for three years. Assisted with photography, graphics, headline and caption writing. Designed overall look of print edition.